by DullesMoms | August 27, 2011 9:03 am
<< More From Moss Building & Design
Dear Moss Building & Design,
School has started, and I feel the need to deep clean my house (and/or remodel!) now that the kids aren’t underfoot. Any tips on starting what seems like an overwhelming task?
Dear Dulles Mom,
We hear you — after a summer of fun, it’s hard to settle down, roll up our sleeves, and do a full fall cleaning. We’ve consulted our experts and suggest that you do any/all of the following:
• Go through your pantry and see what needs to be tossed, plus, wipe down the shelves and re-organize your cans and boxes.
• Check all your smoke detectors and change batteries as necessary.
• Flip your mattresses — sleeping well is key for kids — best to be fresh!
• Spot clean your carpets and consider a full shampooing, either by a pro or via a rented wet vac. We all know that the summer brings in extra dirt and grime!
• Switch out your vacuum attachment and really clean your couches and upholstered surfaces. You won’t regret vacuuming up all that dust, as well as any pet fur from the heavy shedding summer months.
Good luck getting back into the swing of things, and remember that once you’ve cleaned, think about how a home re-org or remodel could make all of these steps easier and more streamlined!
Moss Building & Design is the top home remodeling company in Northern Virginia that has established a reputation for excellence in remodeling additions, kitchens, bathrooms, and basements and providing home services for homeowners. With a strong focus on community, Moss Building and Design encourages a hands-on approach to home improvement with an emphasis on education. Their ‘Girls Night Out’ HandyMOM101 events offer DIY workshops covering projects like tiling, power drills, caulking, and patching drywall.
Connect with them by visiting them online, or get social with them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Moss Building & Design can also be reached at (703) 961-7707.
Source URL: https://dullesmoms.com/advice-on-a-deep-cleaning-your-home/
Copyright ©2022 DullesMoms.com unless otherwise noted.