by Liz Jones | January 1, 2019 3:14 pm
This event has passed, but check out our calendar for fun today, this week, this month!
Parents are invited to attend a free workshop on January 16, 2019, featuring guest speaker Dr. Clifford Sussman.
By the end of the presentation, parents will have answers to the following questions:
• Why are video games and screen time so addictive?
• How does excessive screen time affect the brain?
• What are some guidelines for healthy screen use in the home?
• How do I balance setting age-appropriate limits with encouraging independence and self-regulation?
• How do I know if my child is controlling the game or the game is controlling my child?
• What can I do if my child shows signs of internet and video game addiction?
Dr. Sussman has been featured as an expert on Internet Gaming Disorder in The New York Times and TIME magazine for kids. His guide to healthy technology use for ADHD was also featured on the cover of Attention Magazine. As an author of peer-reviewed literature and a frequent public speaker, he is internationally known as a pioneer in using psychotherapy to treat internet and video game addiction. He is dedicated to helping people achieve a more balanced relationship with digital technology.
What: Changing the Game: A Parent Guide to Healthy Screen Use
When: January 16, 2019; find the time(s) here
Where: The Auburn School, 3800 Concorde Pkwy., Ste. 500, Chantilly, VA 20151
Event Details: Find them here
Like this? Check out more fun like it in our Everday Calendar and Free & Low-Cost Calendar.
Disclaimer/Terms: This opportunity is subject to last minute cancellations and changes that might not be reflected in this DullesMoms.com post. Please, always confirm by calling/clicking.
Source URL: https://dullesmoms.com/changing-the-game-a-parent-guide-to-healthy-screen-use/
Copyright ©2019 DullesMoms.com unless otherwise noted.