by Dulles Moms | September 23, 2020 11:14 am
<< More From Moss Building & Design
Dear Moss Building & Design,
There’s a chill in the air! What tips do you have for prepping my home for cooler temps?
Dear Dulles Mom,
It’s time for our annual reminder on how to prep your home before we get a nightly frost warning:
• Turn off your outdoor water so your pipes don’t freeze.
• Clear out your gutters before the leaves start to fall, and then again after they have begun!
• Fix any slight openings or weaknesses in your window frames or under your doors to keep the heat in (and keep your power bill low).
• Check your roof for defects — you don’t want heavy snow to fall and potentially allow leaks inside your attic and upper ceilings.
• Prepare for blizzard season by prepping for potential power outages:
– Purchase a generator
– Stock up on bottled water and canned food
– Make sure you have matches or a lighter and plenty of candles
– And, most importantly, be sure you have plenty of games and activities on hand to keep your family busy!
The Farmer’s Almanac is calling for a big winter in the DMV — get ahead of the weather and keep your home cozy and snug!
Moss Building & Design is the top home remodeling company in Northern Virginia that has established a reputation for excellence in remodeling additions, kitchens, bathrooms, and basements and providing home services for homeowners. With a strong focus on community, Moss Building and Design encourages a hands-on approach to home improvement with an emphasis on education. Their ‘Girls Night Out’ HandyMOM101 events offer DIY workshops covering projects like tiling, power drills, caulking, and patching drywall.
Connect with them by visiting them online, or get social with them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Moss Building & Design can also be reached at (703) 961-7707.
Source URL: https://dullesmoms.com/cold-weather-home-prep/
Copyright ©2020 DullesMoms.com unless otherwise noted.