Dear Moss Building & Design,
Snow is always a potential this time of year, and I’m thinking I’ll have extra time in the house to do some projects. Any ideas on things that can be done over a weekend to “spruce” up the place?
Dear Dulles Mom,
We get it! These cold days just make us want to cuddle under a blanket by the fire. But, accomplishing a household task is equally satisfying! So, here are some weekend projects that’ll brighten your spirits — and get you tired for an evening in front of that warm fire:
• Paint a bedroom! Maybe your kids have been wanting to update their rooms — so what a fun and inexpensive way to make a space more personal!
• Update pulls and knobs in your bathroom — easily procured and replaced!
• Change out your kid’s bathroom shower curtain, rug, towels, fixtures, lighting, etc. Perhaps the cartoon dinosaurs need to give way to a more tween and teen-themed bathroom?
• Install a bidet. Yes, we know, but they are very trendy right now, and you can install it yourself very easily.
• Declutter the back half of your basement and create a home gym space. Sweat it out before you really sweat it out!
Stay warm and enjoy these winter days!