Enjoy fresh and local at these Northern Virginia Farmers Markets:
DID YOU KNOW?
• There are around 2.2 million farms in the US.
• From a dairy cow, there are 350 squirts in a gallon of milk.
• Bananas are the number one fruit crop in the world.
• Fruit farming began sometime between 6000-3000 BC.
• Figs were one of the first cultivated fruit crops!
• More than 6,000 different kinds of apples are grown around the world.
• Americans spend 10% of their income on food, which is the lowest in any country.
• Farmers often plant tall, dense trees on the edges of fruit farms — these trees provide a windbreak, which helps prevent soil erosion.
• One in three farm acres is planted for export.
• Controlling the height of plants helps produce more fruit in less space.
Disclaimer: Events and opportunities on this site are curated from public sources and subject to changes/cancelations that might not be reflected in DullesMoms.com’s content.Keywords: #NOVAFarmer, artisan, craft, crafter, crafts, maker, handmade, hand-made, hand made, farmer’s, farmer’s market, farmers’ market, farmers market, farmers, farmers’, farming, farm, farmer, free, free-range, fresh, fruit, fruits, GMOs, groceries, grocery, honey, meat, non-GMO, organic, outdoor, pork, poultry, produce, range, shopping, store, vegetables, veggies, honey, soap, guide, list, near me, happening this week, weekend, summer, fall, near me